Girls are divided into branches by age and grade: Sparks (age 5-6), Brownies (age 7-8), Guides (age 9-11), Pathfinders (age 12-14), and Rangers (age 15-17).
We are currently looking for leaders for the 2016-2017 Guiding year (September through May):
• Sparks – Monday evening, Dunbar & West 27th
• Sparks – Tuesday evening, West 12th & Trimble
• Brownies – Tuesday evening, West 8th & Tolmie
• Guides – Tuesday evening, West 12th & Trimble
• Guides – Tuesday, evening, West 8th & Sasamat
• Pathfinders – Monday evening, Dunbar & West 27th
• Pathfinders – Wednesday evening, UBC campus
All adult members must complete a screening process including a police records check and informal interview, as well as one mandatory training session. Additional training, plus mentoring and other resources, are available.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
Volunteering with Girl Guides of Canada is a rewarding way to help girls and young women develop the best in themselves, including learning life skills that they carry through adulthood. Not only can you enrich the lives of girls, volunteers have a personally rewarding experience and can take advantage of professional development opportunities including event planning, advocacy, and international travel.
Get in touch, and we can find a good fit for your skills and interests!