Doing some Spring cleaning, we found 15 Crazy About Guiding pins. The aim of this Challenge is building sisterhood by learning about membership and the importance of "URPR” (You Are PR).
Through this challenge, you can help reinforce a positive image of Guiding in our community.
The Crazy About Guiding Challenge is made up of four parts: Friendship, Service, Community, and Bright Ideas. Complete at least one item in each part.
To claim your pin, write an email explaining how you completed the challenge and send it to the district commissioner: firstname.lastname@example.org
** First come, first served – only 15 pins available**
1. Friendship (stick girl)
• Tell two friends about your favourite parts of Guiding. Plan a few Guiding-type activities for them to complete.
• What are some ways to bridge with other members? For example, plan a shared meeting where older girls run activities for younger girls. How could girls bridge with guiders or Trefoil Guild members?
• Tell us your own idea for creating new friendships in Guiding.
2. Service (a helping hand)
• Plan a service project in your community. Write up the project with pictures.
• Create a list of service projects that focus on local residents and organizations.
3. Community (house)
• Plan a booth at a community event that includes Guiding members and non-members. How would you decorate it? What activities would be available?
• Design a bookmark with a Guiding theme.
• Create a list of community locations to promote Guiding. Are these places better for selling cookies, putting up posters, dropping off brochures, etc.?
4. Bright Ideas (light bulb)
• Create a poster to promote Guiding or Girl Guide cookies.
• Imagine a Girl Guide in the future – draw or describe her uniform and activities.
• Invent two new flavours of Girl Guide cookies. What would you name them?
• Tell us about your own unique Bright Idea.